Udo's 3.6.9 Oil Blend: 90 CAPSULES
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil is 100% Certified Organic
Most people are aware that Essential Fatty Acids are indeed essential for good health. But most people also believe the best source is fish oil!
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil is quote simply the best quality product of its kind in the marketplace today. It has been developed for people who want all the good Omega fats they need, in a balanced ratio, and without killing any fish to get it.
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend® is a special blend of carefully chosen, natural, unrefined, EFA-rich oils with a pleasant, nutty, buttery taste. It contains oils from fresh, certified organic flax, sesame, sunflower and evening primrose seeds as well as oils from rice and oat germ, providing ‘minor’ ingredients with major health benefits. This oil blend has added non-GMO soy lecithin, which improves oil digestion and provides the building materials for healthy cell membranes. Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend® also contains medium chain triglycerides from Coconut Oil, which are easy to digest and assimilate.
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend® is pressed and filtered in a state-of-the-art, low heat, light and oxygen-free environment to maximize stability and provide nutritional value and freshness. Nitrogen purged, amber glass bottles are filled with the oil blend and then nitrogen flushed to eliminate oxygen. The bottles are then capped and packed in a box to further protect the ingredients and ensure the highest possible quality. You will always find Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend in the fridge rather than on the shelf to ensure maximum freshness. The majority of oils found in supermarkets have been damaged by heat, light and oxygen and modern processing practices, so our quality and packaging are very important.
Why do we need Essential Fatty Acids?
If you wish to travel the path to true health, there are two substances which can only be found in fat that are just as necessary to our survival as proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals – the Essential Fatty Acids:
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) from the omega-3 family, and
- Linoleic Acid (LA) from the omega-6 family.
Every living cell in the body needs these Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s). They are so important they are known as “Foundational Fats”. However, the body can’t make these fats on its own, so they must be consumed directly from a food source.
The issue at hand is to help you find the best possible source of essential fatty acids and to integrate them into your daily diet. Udo’s 3•6•9 Oil Blend® is such a food source, delivering a balanced 2:1:1 ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 and omega-9 Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s).
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend® is
- A certified organic culinary oil
- the ideal balance of omega-3 and -6 EFAs
- food – not a supplement
- light-tasting with a nutty flavour
- made with your health in mind
- fresh-pressed with great care
- protected from heat, light and oxygen
- bottled in glass rather than plastic
Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend® contains
- flax seed oil: provides one of the richest vegetarian sources of omega-3
- Sunflower seed oil: deliciously rich in omega-6
- Sesame seed oil: lots of omega-6 and omega-9, antioxidants and phytosterols
- Coconut oil: rich in antioxidants and lauric acid, an immediate energy source
- Evening primrose oil: provides a rich source of GLA, polyphenols and other antioxidants
- Soy lecithin: GMO-free, helps ingredients stay blended and helps the body break down fats
- Rice and oat bran and germ oils: rich in oil-soluble phytonutrients- a major source of polyphenols, phytosterols and antioxidants
- Mixed tocopherols: A high gamma-blend of vitamin E to protect the oils and preserve freshness
Suggested Use – Capsules
Capsules are also a convenient alternative for those on the move or going on holidays. Take 2-6 capsules daily with meals. Ideal for travelling and active lifestyles. Store in a cool dry place.
Always check with your GP if taking medication.
Oil: Keep refrigerated at all times. Once opened, use within 8 weeks and keep refrigerated between uses.
To prolong freshness, this product can be frozen up to
4 months after the declared “Best Before” date. (Oil shrinks when frozen; the glass bottle will not break.)
Available in 250 ml and 500 ml bottles.
Capsules: Store in a cool, dry place.
Ideal for travelling. 14 capsules is equivalent to 15 ml (1 tbsp).
Available in 90 capsules per bottle.
Some people following the GAPS Diet have raised concerns regarding the ingredients containing oil from rice and oat germ and whether this product was GAPS appropriate. We contacted Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride to ask her opinion because she recommends this product to her patients and she advised the following.
"The oils from the rice and oat germ are fine, usually well tolerated. If a very sensitive person reacts to it, then just stop the oil (it is only a supplement, the main supply of fats should come from animal fats)".