Melrose ORGANIC Evening Primrose Oil 200ml
Melrose Organic Evening Primrose Oil:(200ml bottle)
Melrose Organic Evening Primrose Oil is cold-pressed from the seeds of the evening primrose flower, which blooms only at sunset.
Evening Primrose Oil is a rich source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA); a unique omega-6 fatty acid that assists in the production of hormones necessary for many important bodily functions.
Evening Primrose oil has been used traditionally to help with skin, scalp and hair health. It can be used topically to help nourish and moisturise the skin.
Evening Primrose Oil is suitable for individuals who may suffer from premenstrual symptoms. It can also be used as a daily supplement to improve the health of the circulatory system and to promote and maintain healthy skin
Native Americans have long valued the Evening Primrose plant for its healing powers. Scientific research focuses on the therapeutic effect of the oil obtained from its seeds, which contain an omega-6 essential fatty acid called gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
Essential fatty acids (EFA's) such as GLA are utilised by the body to make up our basic cellular structure and to form the myelin sheath that insulates nerve cells and ensures the transmission of information to vital organs. EFA's are part of the mitochondria, the cell 'battery' that fuels and energises the body, they also supply the precursors to the 'good' prostaglandins, which help to reduce inflammation and prevent blood clotting.
Research has been conducted into GLA and the relief of menstrual symptoms such as PMS, cramps, and breast tenderness.
One of the leading uses of Evening Primrose Oil is in skin conditions such as eczema, a disorder that may develop when the body has trouble converting fats derived from food into GLA.
Recent research looks promising on the use of omega 6 fatty acids in assisting with mood.
EPO can be applied topically to the skin or added to food when treating children.
Each 5ml dose contains
Evening Primrose Oil 4.6g
Equivalent Gamma-linolenic acid 414mg
How much Evening Primrose oil should I take?
- Melrose suggests a serving size of 5mL daily.
- Store below 25C
- Stored in dark glass bottle to reduce the oxidative effects of light
- Store refrigerated for extended freshness
- refrigerate after opening
- Best consumed within 12 weeks after opening
Caution & Considerations:
- Side effects are rare, however nausea may be avoided by taking EPO with foodfor people who struggle to digest fats/oils
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional
- High doses of evening primrose oil should be stopped at least two weeks before surgery
- Caution is required with the use of evening primrose oil in individuals with seizure disorders as several sources recommend not using EPO in temporal lobe epilepsy.
- Evening primrose oil may affect the way that phenothiazines work in the body
- Concomitant use of evening primrose oil and warfarin or other medications (including aspirin) that affect blood clotting may lead to an increased risk of bleeding
- please consult with your practitioner if pregnant or breastfeeding
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review