Mild Yoghurt Culture - 100 Litres *SELECT EXPRESS AND ICE
*View shipping recommendations notice below
This culture produces a lovely thick and creamy yoghurt, with mild to medium acidity. This pure yoghurt culture is guaranteed to be alive. As soon as you add it to your milk it starts to grow and multiply.
Mild Yoghurt Cultures Contain:
- a mild acidifying Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus
- and a low content of fast acidifying Streptococcus thermophilus
- Making your own yoghurt is very economical as the culture is highly concentrated with each sachet making up to 100 one litre batches of yoghurt!
- This culture is suitable for the whole family, including the softer palates of children, with a mild flavour and creamy texture.
- Each sachet is supplied with two sterile jars to keep your culture safely in the freezer and allow you to easily pick up just a small amount on the end of a knife.
- Free from gluten, peanut, sesame, eggs, celery, mustard, fish or shellfish, sulphites, lupine, soy, and is GMO-Free.
- Standardised to 2 grams with Maltodextrin. 1/64th of a teaspoon or 1 Drop using the Mini Measuring Spoons will produce 2 litres of yoghurt.
SCD & GAPS Comparison:
This culture contains NO Bifidus, and is therefore suitable for people taking advice from the earlier SCD™ diet recommendation from Author Elaine Gottschall - Breaking the Vicious Cycle. Although her work was ahead of it's time and has made a significant contribution to the Gut Health World, we have come a long way in science to better understand bacteria interactions and Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride has a different point of view on the Bifidus bacteria for GAPS due to more current research supporting it's beneficial properties.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze-dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.
FUNCTIONAL PROPERTIES OF YOGHURT
The well-known health benefits of eating yogurt are the following:
- Enhanced lactose digestion
- Stimulation of intestinal immunity
- Improving the balance of microbial population in the intestines
- Improved immunity to disease
- Inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria. Yogurt’s fermenting agents produce some bacteriocins which, combined with their acidity, prove beneficial for the intestinal flora
- Improving intestinal transit
- Room temperature: weeks.
- Refrigerator: months.
- Freezer: years.
CUSTOMERS ALSO PURCHASED
SHIPPING REFRIGERATED PRODUCTS
We encourage customers to add ice to this purchase and select express shipping for refrigerated products to reduce transit times and maintain product longevity and efficacy. We only dispatch this product on Monday's or Wednesday's to avoid extended transit times over the weekend.
It is the customers responsibility to add ice and select express for this product. By processing this order without express or ice, the customer accepts the product and the condition to which it is received without the option to return the item.
During the summer months, some customers express concerns about the possibility of the ice melting and the product arriving at a warm temperature. We offer additional options for customers to purchase ice to keep the product cooler for a longer period and we also recommend customers select express shipping if they wish to reduce the transit delivery time. However, please note that we cannot guarantee a refrigerated service. Our supplier has confirmed that this product is suitable for shipping to our customers with a recommendation to refrigerate upon receiving the delivered parcel. We are therefore confident that the customers choice to select express delivery - with ice will protect the product during transit during the hotter months and have minimal or no impact on the quality of the culture for the purpose of it's use. We want to inform customers who purchase this item that we have no control over the weather or the temperature during delivery, and we are not obligated to accept returns of perishable products. Please refer to our shipping notice and terms and conditions for further shipping information.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review