Lotus Pure Bi-carb Soda (Aluminium Free) 500g
Pure Bicarbonate of Soda
This Australian product is aluminum free, gluten free and GMO free. Lotus Bi-Carb Soda is used in cooking and baking as a leavening agent and to neutralise the acids in recipes. Bi-carb has also been widely used to alkalise the body and aid in household cleaning.
Uses for Bicarbonate of Soda
- Help you become more alkaline. Simply mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to a large glass of water, and consume this mix after every main meal .
- Heat Rash, Sunburn, Skin conditions. Add ½ cups or more of Bicarbonate of Soda to your bath water. This also helps to smooth and soften skin and can be very relaxing.
- Insect bites and rashes: to relieve discomfort. Make a paste with water.
- Brush your teeth and whiten them. Wet your brush with olive oil and dip it into the dry Bi-carb and brush.
- Deodorant.Combine ½ cup of bicarbonate of soda with ½ cup of corn starch and add a few mint leaves. Shake and pour into a container with a lid. To use: apply with dry washcloth & dust on. Alternately reuse an empty spice jar and sprinkle onto damp armpit. For unscented deodorant, omit the mint leaves.
- Household Cleaning. Simply use as a deodoriser and cleaner around the home.
The following recipe works wonders for washing your hair.
1. Use an old shampoo bottle (well-rinsed) Mix 1 part aluminum-free baking soda to 3 parts Water. Each time you use this solution, be sure to shake the mixture well.
2. Squeeze the baking soda solution onto your dry scalp, then massage your scalp for several seconds.
3. Leave in for 1-3 minutes, and rinse completely.
4. In an old shampoo bottle (well-rinsed), mix 1 part Apple cider vinegar or White Vinegar if you find the smell a little strong to 4 parts Water. Essential oils or herbs are optional (such as 1 cinnamon stick or 1 vanilla pod which will last through several bottles of mixture. You could also add 1/2 teaspon of vanilla essence). The aim is to masks the vinegar smell, and leaves your hair smelling nice, although the general rule states that the vinegar smell will dissipate when the hair is dry.
5. Leave on hair for several seconds, then rinse.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review